Archives: TV & Movies
Surprising as it may seem, TV and film are no more immune to the mistakes we love here at the Proofreader's Hall of Shame than any other medium.
- ...there's no limit to what I can accompish. New!
- From one of Hiro Nakamura's subtitles in episode 12 of NBC's TV show Heroes. A minor typo, sure, but I notice these things.
- Tuesday, Dec. 30nd at 7:00pm — found by amnewsboy
- From a TV promo. How do you pronounce that? Thirtiend?
- Shinning Star
- From an info graphic on a local news broadcast. Fittingly enough, it's the same station that shows The Simpsons.
- Tommorow at 9:00 AM
- Another local TV promo, which could've benefited from a quick spell check.
- On it's way!
- From Paramount's scientifically questionable sci-fi movie The Core, this screen shot shows apostrophe abuse at its finest.
- Toyko International Airport
- From the movie Austin Powers: Goldmember comes this misspelled subtitle. Just because it's a comedy doesn't mean you shouldn't learn how to properly spell one of its settings...
- New Zion Baptish Church
- Not exactly Baptist, just vaguely similar, I suppose.
- The message at the bottom of the screen has remained for months on an unused cable channel which formerly housed an out-of-town ABC affiliate. Our focus, however, is on the recent "addition" to the message, located at the top of the screen...
- First 200 atheletes...
- Spotted on another cable access channel, this one used by-- you guessed it-- the public school system. [Pertinent names have been obscured to protect the guilty...]